AUSTRALIAN BOOK INDUSTRY AWARDS (ABIA)
2021 LONGLIST ANNOUNCEMENT
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
On Monday 22 February 2021 The Australian Publishers Association announced the 2021 ABIA longlist. The longlist introduces the titles, publishers and authors in the running for a coveted ABIA.
This year, the Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIA) and the Sydney Writers’ Festival (SWF) have come together to bring you the premier event on the Australian book industry calendar—and one of the entertainment year’s night of nights—on the same programme, on the same night, in the same venue, so you no longer need to decide between the two. How’s that for inclusivity.
Selected longlists appear below. For the complete longlist and further information, please go to –
General Fiction Book of the Year
- The Bluffs, Kyle Perry (Penguin Random House, Michael Joseph)
- The Dictionary of Lost Words, Pip Williams (Affirm Press, Affirm Press) *
- The Godmothers, Monica McInerney (Penguin Random House, Michael Joseph)
- The Good Turn, Dervla McTiernan (HarperCollins Publishers, HarperCollins Publishers)
- The Morbids, Ewa Ramsey (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- The Mother Fault, Kate Mildenhall (Simon & Schuster Australia, Simon & Schuster Australia)
- The Survivors, Jane Harper (Pan Macmillan Australia, Macmillan Australia) *
- Trust, Chris Hammer (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
Literary Fiction Book of the Year
- A Lonely Girl is a Dangerous Thing, Jessie Tu (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin) *
- A Room Made of Leaves, Kate Grenville (Text Publishing, Text Publishing)
- All Our Shimmering Skies, Trent Dalton (HarperCollins Publishers, Fourth Estate) *
- Honeybee, Craig Silvey (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin) *
- Infinite Splendours, Sofie Laguna (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- Song of the Crocodile, Nardi Simpson (Hachette Australia Pty Ltd, Hachette Australia)
- Sorrow and Bliss, Meg Mason (HarperCollins Publishers, Fourth Estate)
- The Last Migration, Charlotte McConaghy (Penguin Random House, Hamish Hamilton).
Books marked * have been reviewed in these pages.