The shortlist for the 2023 Dublin Literary Award, worth €100,000 (A$162,360), has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Cloud Cuckoo Land (Anthony Doerr, Scribner)
- Em (Kim Thuy, trans by Sheila Fischman, Seven Stories Press)
- Love Novel (Ivana Sajko, trans by Mima Simic, V&Q Books)
- Marzahn, Mon Amour (Katja Oskamp, trans by Jo Heinrich, Peirene Press)
- Paradais (Fernanda Melchor, trans by Sophie Hughes, Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- The Trees (Percival Everett, Text).
The award is presented annually for a novel written in English or translated into English, nominated by library systems in major cities around the world. First established in 1994, the award is now wholly funded by Dublin City Council.
The shortlisted titles were chosen from a longlist that included several books by Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand authors. The winner will be announced on 25 May. For more information, see the website.