The shortlist for the $60,000 Stella Prize for women and non-binary writers has been announced.
The shortlisted books are:
- We Come With This Place (Debra Dank, Echo)
- big beautiful female theory (Eloise Grills, Affirm)
- The Jaguar (Sarah Holland-Batt, UQP)
- Hydra (Adriane Howell, Transit Lounge)
- Indelible City (Louisa Lim, Text)
- Bad Art Mother (Edwina Preston, Wakefield).
This year’s shortlist comprises one graphic memoir (big beautiful female theory), one poetry collection (The Jaguar), one novel (Hydra) and three works of nonfiction. Every shortlisted book is published by an independent publisher.
The six shortlisted books were chosen from a longlist of 12 titles. The winner will be announced on 27 April at a ceremony in Sydney.
For more information about the Stella Prize, visit the website.