AUSTRALIAN BOOK INDUSTRY AWARDS (ABIA)
2020 AWARDS SHORTLIST
The 2020 shortlist includes some of the biggest names in the Australian book industry (which publishes over 7,000 new books annually) and this year’s list is a top-shelf showcase of high profile authors and amazing new talent. The shortlist finalises the titles, publishers and authors in the running for the 2020 ABIAs. A selection of the lists appear below.
General Fiction Book of the Year:
- Bruny, Heather Rose (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- Cilka’s Journey, Heather Morris (Echo Publishing, Echo Publishing)
- Good Girl, Bad Girl, Michael Robotham (Hachette Australia, Hachette Australia)
- Silver, Chris Hammer (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- The Scholar, Dervla McTiernan (HarperCollins Publishers, HarperCollins Publishers).
Literary Fiction Book of the Year
- Damascus, Christos Tsiolkas (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- The Weekend, Charlotte Wood (Allen & Unwin, Allen & Unwin)
- The Yield, Tara June Winch (Penguin Random House Australia, Hamish Hamilton)
- There Was Still Love, Favel Parrett (Hachette Australia, Hachette Australia)
- Wolfe Island, Lucy Treloar (Pan Macmillan Australia, Picador Australia)
A number of the above titles have been reviewed in these pages.