The shortlist for the 2022 Booker Prize has been announced.
The six books shortlisted for the £50,000 (A$85,510) prize are:
- Glory (NoViolet Bulawayo, Viking)
- The Trees (Percival Everett, Influx)
- Treacle Walker (Alan Garner, Fourth Estate)
- The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida (Shehan Karunatilaka, Sort of Books)
- Small Things Like These (Claire Keegan, Faber)
- Oh William! (Elizabeth Strout, Viking).
The shortlisted titles were chosen from a longlist of 13 announced in July. The shortlist features two authors from Europe, two from the US, and one each from Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.
The six books are ‘set in different places at different times [and] are all about events that in some measure happen everywhere, and concern us all’, said chair of judges Neil MacGregor.
The winner will be announced on 17 October. For more information on the shortlist, see the Booker Prize website.