The shortlists for the 2022 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards have been announced.
The shortlisted works in each category, chosen from 545 entries, are:
- Dark as Last Night (Tony Birch, UQP)
- The Hands of Pianists (Stephen Downes, Fomite)
- Devotion (Hanna Kent, Picador)
- Night Blue (Angela O’Keeffe, Transit Lounge)
- Red Heaven (Nicolas Rothwell, Text).
‘Being recognised through these prestigious awards helps build the international reputation of Australian creatives and puts Australia and its stories on the global map.’
The winners will be announced on Tuesday, 13 December.
For more information including all the shortlists, see the prize website here.