The shortlists for the 2023 New South Wales Premier’s Literary Awards have been announced.
Changes to the awards this year include the $30,000 Indigenous Writers’ Prize now being offered annually; the prize money for the Multicultural NSW Award being increased from $20,000 to $30,000; and the people’s choice award now including $5000 prize money.
The shortlisted titles in the fiction category are:
Christina Stead Prize for Fiction ($40,000)
- Cold Enough for Snow (Jessica Au, Giramondo)
- Every Version of You (Grace Chan, Affirm)
- Women I Know (Katerina Gibson, Scribner)
- Iris (Fiona Kelly McGregor, Pan Macmillan)
- Bad Art Mother (Edwina Preston, Wakefield)
- Grimmish (Michael Winkler, Puncher & Wattmann).
The shortlisted works were chosen by 35 judges from a record 856 entries. The winners will be announced on 22 May.
To see all the shortlists and for more information, click here.