The shortlists for the 2022 Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIA) have been announced.
The shortlisted books in two of the categories are:
General fiction book of the year
- When Things Are Alive They Hum (Hannah Bent, Ultimo)
- Before You Knew My Name (Jacqueline Bublitz, A&U)
- Bila Yarrudhanggalangdhuray (Anita Heiss, S&S)
- The Younger Wife (Sally Hepworth, Macmillan)
- Apples Never Fall (Liane Moriarty, Macmillan)
Literary fiction book of the year
- Wild Abandon (Emily Bitto, A&U)
- Devotion (Hannah Kent, Picador)
- Love Objects (Emily Maguire, A&U)
- The Truth About Her (Jacqueline Maley, HarperCollins)
- Love & Virtue (Diana Reid, Ultimo)
The winners in all the categories will be announced at the ABIA awards ceremony at the International Convention Centre in Sydney on Thursday 9 June. The event will be hosted by Alinta Chidzey, who will be joined by Wendy Whiteley, The Wiggles, Adam Goodes and Ellie Laing, Michelle Law, and Peter FitzSimons, among others, to present the awards.
For more information about all the shortlists, the awards and the ceremony, go to the ABIA website here.